Wednesday, April 8, 2009

overwhelmed!

After our class meeting with Jennifer Olufson the other day, I have found myself feeling extremely overwhelmed. My first source of stress from the meeting comes from the intense amount stuff that we, as education people, have to complete in such a short amount of time. In some ways I still feel like a freshmen, but this meeting made me realize that as a sophomore at this point in the year, I essentially only have two years left on campus at Luther. This thought makes me feel panicy as there are so many things that I have to do in order to graduate and obtain my teaching license.
On a more specific and current note is the PPST test. I am one that has wicked test anxiety and a test that truly matters as part of my future really freaks me out. Because I get so nervous while taking standardized tests I become incapable of focusing. Then once I realize that I can’t focus I freak out even more and can focus even less, it’s a vicious little cycle. Hopefully by some act of God I am able to pass the test on my first try and can wash my hands of it… I can only hope.

2 comments:

  1. Kurt! I have the same test anxiety. But, by some act of God I passed on my first try. I went in to the test just hoping I could pass the math portion because I had heard of people missing it by only a few points. Luckily I'm kind of good at math and that is my major. But since you are an English major I'm sure you will do wonderful in the writing and reading portion of the test. I was worried about that but I'm sure you will do fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was partially relieved to hear Jennifer tell us everything we needed to get done. One of my big fears came after thinking of how tightly organized the education program is. We have all these things to do and not too much time to do them. If I make one wrong step, I'm afraid I'll completely derail. Hopefully, this anciety will subdue...eventually.

    ReplyDelete